Mission, Vision, & Values
Covenant Mercies exists to serve orphans in collaboration with indigenous local churches in the developing world.
To see orphaned children rise above poverty, and become positive stewards of their gifts and resources to the glory of God.
- We believe the gospel should be central to all we do; its effect on us is the primary motivator for our ministry, and its effect on others the desired result.
- We believe every child is made in the image of God and given gifts by Him that should be cultivated for His glory.
- We believe that the family is a gift of God’s grace, and that we are called to nurture and promote safe, healthy family environments for our children.
- We believe the poor should be served in a personal manner, honoring their dignity and recognizing their potential as individuals created in the image and likeness of God.
- We believe compassionate action toward suffering people is a vital facet of the Christian life that must somehow find expression in the life of every believer and local church.
- We believe collaboration with indigenous staff, churches, and communities fosters culturally appropriate and sustainable solutions to the challenges facing the children we serve.
- We believe we have a responsibility to God, our donors, and the children we serve to be faithful stewards of our financial resources, and to maintain excellence, integrity, transparency, and accountability in all our financial practices.